Skip to main content

Looking for property tax assistance? We have a list of resources that might be able to provide help. Click here to view Property Tax Help Programs. 

Unclaimed Funds


From this page you can search the Franklin County unclaimed funds database by name or amount.  The entire list of unclaimed funds held by your Franklin County Auditor’s office is also available to download. If you would like to make a claim on funds, please use the form below. For a list of commonly asked questions and answers click the FAQ button below.  

Unclaimed Funds Search

Claim Form

If you would like a printed copy of the claim form mailed to you, or if you are having trouble searching the database or completing the form please call or email the unclaimed funds team:

Email: [email protected] 

Phone: 614-525-5910 


Unclaimed Funds FAQ

What are some examples of unclaimed funds held by the County Auditor?

Unclaimed funds held by Franklin County are primarily the result of checks issued by the county that were not cashed, some examples are: 

  • Payments to contractors for goods or services provided to Franklin County 

  • Real estate tax refunds for properties in Franklin County 

  • Refunds from the Franklin County Sheriff’s commissary account 

  • Refund of costs or fees paid to a Franklin County Agency 

  • Payments for victim restitution ordered by a Franklin County Court 

  • Payments for serving on a Jury or acting as a witness in a court trial in Franklin County 

  • Unclaimed inheritance 

What if I know I have unclaimed funds, but I don't see them on the Auditor's website?

I don’t see them on the Auditor’s website, where else can I search for unclaimed funds? 


Payments from a private company or funds from a banking institution may be held by the State of Ohio Department of Commerce Division of Unclaimed Funds. You may contact their office at:  

Department of Commerce 
Division of Unclaimed Funds 
77 South High Street, 20th floor 
Columbus, OH 43215-6108 

Phone: 614-466-4433 

Toll Free: 877-644-6823 

Email: [email protected] 

Website to search unclaimed funds database


City of Columbus Auditors office can be contacted at (614) 645-7615 


Franklin County Clerk of Courts can be contacted at 614-525-5905 or 614-525-3620 or visit the following website: 


The Franklin County Treasurer’s office can be reached at 614-525-3438 or visit the following website: 

What is the procedure for making a claim?

A claim form must be completed, signed and submitted with proof of claim. If there are multiple claims, a form needs to be completed for each entry and mailed or delivered to: 

Attention Unclaimed Funds 
Franklin County Auditor 
373 S. High St. Fl 21 
Columbus OH 43215-6310 
How long will it take to process my claim?

If documents are accurately submitted to our office, processing can take up to 60 days or longer depending on the complexity of the claim.  

Will I be charged a fee?

The Franklin County Auditor’s office does not charge a fee to process a claim.

Can I combine multiple claims onto one claim form?

No, one claim form for each unclaimed funds entry is required to be submitted.